The Crossinology Brain Integration Technique, also known as BIT, is a cutting-edge technique based on principles of applied Kinesiology.
It is designed to improve and enhance the functioning of the brain by combining Kinesiology, Physiology, and the Acupressure Meridian System. BIT is used to identify, assess, and correct learning disabilities including ADD, ADHD, and Dyslexia and other specific learning disabilities.
The technique uses a complete protocol addressing 20 different areas, identifying and relieving stress in the brain, and improving a person’s ability to think, behave, feel, and move.
In addition to addressing the aforementioned symptoms, BIT is also effective in enhancing:
- Memory and concentration
- Spelling and reading
- Planning and multi-tasking
- Balance and coordination
What is Brain Integration?
Our brain performs highly complex electromagnetic functions, and similar to other organs in the human body, it also displays various symptoms of stress. When it is subjected to stress, the brain’s blood supply is redirected, going into sympathetic overdrive, otherwise known as the “fight or flight” situation.
When this occurs, the logic or creative center in our brains shuts off completely. Its ability to synchronize function is compromised, preventing it from functioning correctly. Communication between both hemispheres of the brain becomes faulty, and we end up tapping into just one side of our brains.
BIT assists in rewiring brain activity in people of all ages, working around learning difficulties by targeting and improving brain functions, so it can work more efficiently. When the brain’s efficiency is maximized, it unlocks the full potential of an individual.
|What BIT addresses:|
|BIT works by addressing scientifically recognized areas of the brain, which include:|
|Corpus Callossum||Speech Centers (Broca’s area, Werneckies area, Broadman’s areas, etc.)||Limbic System|
|The Visual System (eyes)||The Audio System (ears)||Vestibular System|
|The technique also addresses specific functions of the brain, such as:|
|Deep Level Switching||Audio-Visual Integration||Marching|
|Creativity and Gestalt Skill||Logic and Organizing||Emotional Attitudes|
BIT treatment can take between 8 to 15 hours, and is permanent. The technique does not require further medication or exercises.
Crossinology Brain Integration Technique is based on the work of Susan J McCrossin A.P. Information related to Crossinology Brain Integration technique on this website and techniques used in this practice are based on this work. More information about Crossinology Brain Integration Technique and the science behind it, can be found at www.crossinology.com
First Appointment / General Guidelines
- Patients undergoing BIT will be asked to fill out a medical history form and a client checklist, which allows our practitioner to assess your needs accurately. Drinking plenty of water prior to your appointment is recommended.
- During your first session, you will be assessed to determine the appropriate length of treatment, identify overgrowth of candida albican or yeast overgrowth, as well as any other pertinent information. In case you have overgrowth of candida, a change of diet may be recommended.
- BIT sessions take place in a relaxing environment, where clients lie down comfortably on a treatment table. Muscle testing is required in order to identify any parts of the brain or body which are compromised. The practitioner will touch acupressure points on the body gently to produce electrical changes.
- Initial checkup generally takes place four to six weeks after finishing the protocol. Future checkups may be recommended by the practitioner as needed.
General BIT guidelines:
- Do not drink alcohol or ingest illegal substances prior to treatment.
- Eat before your treatment, as it may take several hours to complete. Bring some snacks for long sessions.
- Drinking plenty of water is highly recommended before, during, and after treatments.
- Small children may play with any non-electrical toys, be read to, or enjoy some music (not from any electronic devices such as smartphones or iPods) during treatment.
Nancy Loedy: $150/hour
Jackie Gorman: $150/hour
Laurie Nunes: $150/hour
Patient Results & Improvements
Patient Age: 42
PTSD (Boston Marathon Bombings), abdominal pain, low back instability, panic, severe anxiety, hypervigilance, difficulty sleeping, walking, balancing, headaches.
Resuming a normal life – all symptoms were addressed.
Additional Benefits Received:
Elimination of candida, increased ability to retain information, recall, improved emotional stability.
Length of Treatment:
Patient Age: 39
Anxiety, nervousness, difficult budgeting time, emotional issues, lacking confidence, poor organizational skills, trouble finding balance in life between work and home.
Additional Benefits Received:
Greater sense of well-being and empowerment.
Length of Treatment:
Frequently Asked Questions
What is treatment like?
BIT is a very relaxing, non-invasive procedure. The client typically lays on a massage table and the practitioner uses Muscle Monitoring, acupressure touch, and gently holds the head to make the correction. Clients report that BIT is very relaxing and often rejuvenating.
How many hours does BIT take? How many sessions do I need?
BIT takes roughly between 8 – 12 hours to complete. Clients book sessions ranging from 1 to 3 hours, and may have multiple sessions in one day. Small children are recommended shorter, ½ hour visits. During the first visit, you will be assessed to determine a rough number of hours the protocol will take. Once you complete the BIT protocol, it is recommended that you come back for an initial check-up after 4-6 weeks. Additional checkups may be recommended by your practitioner.
What do you mean by “re-wire”?
A “wire” is a set of synapses which have fired together long enough to make a groove in the brain. When there is a trauma to a “wire”, due to a physical or emotional injury, the brain makes a new “wire” (set of synapses) to avoid the damaged area. BIT opens up the damaged area and electrically erases the injury, allowing the brain to use the original “wire”, which is the most efficient path.
Can BIT change my personality, or do any damage to the brain?
No. BIT can only take stress out of the synaptic “wires” of the brain. A BIT Practitioner cannot change your personality, or make you a different person. A BIT practitioner cannot harm the brain because there is no use of chemicals, computers, or physical adjustments.
I have heard those with ADD/ADHD are generally more creative. Will this treatment protocol affect creativity?
No. Those diagnosed with ADD often seem more creative due to more access to the creative hemisphere of the brain than to the logic hemisphere. In this case, people with ADD/ADHD become more focused and effective, because BIT opens up access to the logic hemisphere.
What kind of changes will I see?
Most clients report better sleep, a more relaxed state of being, decreased stress, anxiety and worry, more success in school and work (sometimes can be quite drastic), a clearer mind, tasks that once were hard are easier or very easy, ability in areas that were previously difficult, improved digestion and health, etc.! The list goes on and on. Please see the testimonials for further anecdotal information.
Do you have to do the whole integration at once?
Clients may choose to stretch out the treatment period for and reason. It is recommended that a client finish the main protocol within 3 months of starting, but this is a general guideline.
What age do you have to be? Should I plan to stay with my child during treatment?
Children of any age are candidates for BIT. School age children benefit especially well. If your child is 8 years old or less, you should plan on staying in the room during the treatment. WholeBody Solutions and BIT Practitioners are not responsible for children without parental supervision.
Do you take insurance? Can I use my flexible spending account?
BIT is not currently covered by any types of insurance. However, we are happy to provide documentation for flexible spending accounts. WholeBody Solutions does not submit this information, but it can be provided to you upon request.
How close do the appointments need to be scheduled?
Appointments are generally scheduled in one of three ways: weekly or bi-weekly, over the course of 2-3 days, or spread out but longer sessions.
What is muscle testing?
A system of assessing the body using energy fields and muscle feedback.
What if I am not sure that my child has a learning problem?
Children and adults with learning difficulties often display the following characteristics:
- Poor memory
- Short attention span, distractibility
- Impulsiveness, restlessness or impatience
- Inability to self-motivate or self-manage
- Poor reading fluency and/or comprehension
- Poor spelling
- Poor handwriting
- Letter or number reversal
- Difficulty memorizing times tables
- Difficulty understanding math concepts or complex problems
- Difficulty following and/or giving directions
- Over- or under-sensitive to noise, light or touch
- Poor auditory processing – asking the same question again and again and again
- Behavioral issues related to learning difficulties – anxiety, frustration or avoidance behavior
- Poor physical coordination and/or balance
Is BIT right for me?
Although everyone may benefit from brain integration, you may see especially dramatic results if you have difficulty with five or more of the following:
- Test anxiety
- Short attention span/difficulty concentrating
- Lack of self-confidence
- Poor reading ability and comprehension
- Inability to finish projects
- Poor organizational skills
- Spelling problems
- Letter or number reversal
- Eye strain
- Difficulty following or giving directions