A number of studies have shown that acupuncture provides multiple health benefits, which, in turn, can bring positive changes in our day-to-day lives. One of these changes is the improvement in our productivity level. Many companies around the world have included acupuncture in their corporate wellness programs and have been rewarded by significant increases in employee productivity.
Acupuncture can help you perform optimally at work or at play by doing the following:
- Reducing stress and anxiety levels Stress and anxiety are enhanced when we feel overwhelmed by deadlines and heavy workloads. This can lead to procrastination and difficulty in concentration – which can result in even more stress. Too much stress can also lead to health conditions like headaches, lethargy, and insomnia, further preventing you from doing your tasks efficiently.Acupuncture can relieve stress by calming the nervous system and regulating your energy flow. This helps reduce fatigue and anxiety, improve your concentration, and ease tension in your body.
- Boosting our immunity Our immune system takes a backseat when we’re exposed to chronic stress. This explains why people often get sick when they are exposed to stress for extended periods – or why it takes them longer to recover from an illness. While acupuncture is effective in relieving stress, it also works to boost our immune system by keeping it balanced. This results in better resistance to auto-immune diseases, common colds, allergies, asthma, and other illnesses and conditions.
- Improving sleep Having a good night’s sleep can help improve your productivity by enhancing your concentration, creativity, and responsiveness. It also puts you in a better mood and increases your energy level.Acupuncture works naturally to improve sleep and treat insomnia by regulating the qi, or the body’s energy flow. In scientific terms, this means regulating the body’s production of endorphins, serotonin, and melatonin – hormones and chemicals in the body that affect our ability to sleep.
- Improving focus and memory Concentration and good memory are important tools in making you more productive and improving your learning capacity. Acupuncture has been found to help improve these qualities. By improving the flow of the qi, acupuncture promotes harmony between the brain and the spirit, which is essential in enhancing the brain’s ability to focus and retain information. You get the best results by complementing acupuncture with physical exercise like tai chi and a diet that includes foods rich in omega 3, folate, iron, and vitamins.
- Reducing pain Our productivity and performance are greatly hampered when we’re suffering from pain like headaches, menstrual cramps, chronic back pain, fibromyalgia, and others. Acupuncture can help relieve these conditions by stimulating the production of endorphins – hormones that serve as the body’s natural painkillers. Acupuncture also affects the part of the brain that regulates the production of serotonin, a chemical in the body that plays an important role in regulating our mood.
Good health plays an important role in our ability to achieve our full potential. Acupuncture can help us achieve better health, and thus give our productivity a boost. Go to our Acupuncture page or give us a call at 617.328.6300 to learn more about how this age-old medical practice can improve the quality of your life.